Built to move, the new iCandy Raspberry with over 50 updates
The original iCandy Raspberry first launched in 2014, catering towards those parents living in urban surroundings. The Raspberry was introduced as the quick, lightweight and agile stroller of the iCandy collection. Hopping on and off buses, cars and the underground, the Raspberry was designed to own the city. Enjoying tremendous success; and winning a Red Dot Design award in the process, the Raspberry revolutionised city living for a whole host of parents. Beautifully crafted and displaying instantly recognisable iCandy curves, the Raspberry offered parents the opportunity to mix and match their fabric colours. Forming part of the much anticipated 2018 collection, the lightweight pushchair from the iCandy range has now been meticulously refined, fresh for a new generation. With over 50 updates, the iCandy’s Raspberry’s mandate is to once more transform city living for parents around the world.
The wheels of the Raspberry have been given a full redesign, lending them a similar appearance to the rest of the iCandy range. The tyres are made from puncture proof PU materials, resulting in an even smoother ride and once more creating synergy with the rest of the iCandy ensemble. The front swivel wheels can also be locked, allowing far greater control, which will provide a firmer ride. Every effort has been made to ensure the smooth ride with independent suspension is not disturbed by any unnecessary noise. The iCandy auto-lock is once more a useful feature which is included on the Raspberry. What’s more, the Raspberry now benefits from the use of ingenious iCandy elevators. The industry first iCandy elevators now mean that the Raspberry can be used at the airport, cafes, restaurants and at home as a highchair.
One noticeable change to the Raspberry for fans of the previous pushchair is the inclusion of a carrycot. The carrycot, like all iCandy carrycots, is suitable for permanent overnight sleeping. Furthermore, a bumper bar is now included with the carrycot, further boosting the safety, practicality, and security of the pushchair. To further modernise the iCandy Raspberry, the fabrics have received a complete overhaul, utilising a thoughtfully considered honeycomb weave, with a two tone look. The enhanced fabrics for the new Raspberry are now even more luxurious, resulting in a far more premium looking pushchair. Moreover, the Raspberry now offers an extendable canopy which is SPF 50, and includes a meshed vent for increased ventilation, complete with a sun peak.
As a result of feedback from parents, the seat unit has been crafted with deeper comfort in mind for baby, with carefully quilted touches bringing an unprecedented level of luxury to the lightweight stroller. What’s more, the interior of the seat unit has been carefully constructed, utilising symmetrical lines, and offering a much deeper seat than its peers. A handy storage pocket on the back of the seat unit helps ensure valuable items always remain close to hand.The iCandy branding on the stroller has also been resized, lending a more sophisticated and clean look to the pushchair, a design decision which has been implemented across the entire iCandy range. Moreover, the harness size of the pushchair has also been increased, catering for larger babies. The modern pushchair design is complemented by the inclusion of an ergonomic soft touch leatherette handle and carrycot bumper bar.
Every care and consideration has been taken in refining the popular Raspberry pushchair. Aesthetically, the Raspberry features two new chassis colours, named Moonrock and chrome, which are destined to turn heads and receive envious glances. The 2018 collection fabrics are inspired by iconic London locales, and are as follows… Bloomsbury Black, Saville Row Sand, Kings Road Khaki, Piccadilly Pink & Greenwich Grey. Please visit the iCandy store online, or alternatively drop in to an iCandy stockist to begin your iCandy Raspberry journey today.
– ENDS –
NOTE TO EDITORS:
- iCandy is a British family business that celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2013.
- The team is dedicated to creating pushchairs that reflect a unique sense of style and practical, well-designed solutions.
- The perfect mix of high-tech sophistication and smooth living, iCandy is for people who appreciate the value of British design, craftsmanship and technical innovation.
- In 2016 iCandy were delighted to share the news that Her Majesty The Queen had been graciously pleased to approve the Prime Minister’s recommendation that iCandy should receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the UK’s most prestigious award for business performance.
- iCandy support Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, having pledged to raise money towards the building of an enclosed isolation recovery bay at the Hospital. The relationship with GOSH is one which the brand are extremely proud of, with all fundraising endeavours going towards raising money for the charity. Please see iCandy’s Just Giving page for more information. https://www.justgiving.com/company/iCandy