iCandy Celebrates International Women’s Day
A worldwide event that celebrates women’s achievements, whilst calling for gender equality, International Women’s Day has been celebrated since the 1900s. This year’s campaign theme is #EachforEqual which draws attention to the difference individuals can make in the pursuit for equality.
The message at the heart of the campaign is that by celebrating women’s achievements, raising awareness of bias and calling out inequality we can all bring about change.With a strong female workforce who all have a powerful voice, iCandy decided to interview the women behind its brand. The short film celebrates the females who fulfil a variety of roles across different departments at iCandy and showcases that individual actions, conversations and mindsets can have a wider impact on society.
Each interviewee was asked three questions, beginning with “what is your proudest achievement?” Answers ranged from being a mother to a personal best in the high jump and taking the leap to move to a new country.
The second question presented was “what advice would you give to your younger self?” Every answer was unique and inspiring, with a particularly powerful statement from iCandy’s Head of Communications Naomi, “Be patient, be persistent but never ask permission”.
The final question was “what advice would you give to promote equality in the workplace?” From being true to yourself, to educating future generations on what equality really means, each piece of empowering advice demonstrated that whilst we are all responsible for our own thoughts and actions, collectively we can help to create a gender equal world.
The 2020 campaign runs all year long and supporters are being encouraged to put their arms out in front and strike the #EachforEqual pose to amplify the message.
The official International Women’s Day message warns that gender equality is essential for economies and communities to thrive, “The race is on for the gender equal boardroom, a gender equal government, gender equal media coverage, gender equal workplaces, gender equal sports coverage, more gender equality in health and wealth…so let’s make it happen”.
Whatever size a workforce may be, whatever someone’s role may be, everyone can make a difference in accelerating women’s equality. As iCandy’s Graphic Designer, Alice, put so simply yet beautifully, “If you can dream it, you can do it”.
About iCandy World Ltd
- Female staff at iCandy account for 47.05% and male staff 52.94%
- iCandy is a British family business that celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2018.
- The team is dedicated to creating pushchairs that reflect a unique sense of style and practical, well-designed solutions.The perfect mix of high-tech sophistication and smooth living, iCandy is for people who appreciate the value of British design, craftsmanship and technical innovation.
- In 2016 iCandy was delighted to share the news that Her Majesty The Queen had been graciously pleased to approve the Prime Minister’s recommendation that iCandy should receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the UK’s most prestigious award for business performance.
- Following success in 2016, iCandy was delighted to claim another Queens Award, this time for Innovation in 2018, underlining the brand’s ongoing commitment to supreme product development.
- iCandy support Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital. The relationship with GOSH is one which the brand is extremely proud of, with all fundraising endeavours going towards raising money for the charity. Please see iCandy’s Just Giving page for more information. https://www.justgiving.com/company/iCand