During the visit, iCandy announced it has raised £100,000 for the Charity, to go towards an enclosed isolation recovery bay in the hospital’s newest clinical building. This long-term relationship with GOSH Charity is a cause very close to the heart of the business and forms one of the key pillars of its day to day culture.
Bradley Appel has first-hand experience of GOSH as his granddaughter was treated by the hospital. Whilst there, he visited Bear Ward – which specialises in caring for children with rare and complex cardiac conditions – and decided that iCandy could create a bespoke version of their luxury Strawberry pushchair that could accommodate a patient’s complex medical equipment. GOSH Charity facilitated feedback and comments from the hospital’s nurses, which helped iCandy to design a prototype that would be functional, whilst providing a safe and comfortable environment for children.
Commenting on the partnership, iCandy joint CEO, Bradley Appel said: “As both a family and a family business we are so happy to be working so closely with GOSH and GOSH Charity in order to raise vital funds and to promote awareness of the incredible work that is undertaken there.”
Modifications to the pushchair included adding a basket to hold an oxygen tank, and an adapted harness to allow children who use complex medical equipment to sit in comfort. Space was made to store medical tubes, for example those in connection with a Berlin heart which is used for children who are awaiting a heart transplant, allowing them greater freedom of movement.
Director of Corporate Partnerships at GOSH Charity, Amit Aggarwal, says, “iCandy’s commitment to understanding the needs of the patient is outstanding and one that will have a positive impact for children at GOSH. I also extend a huge congratulations and thank you to the company for raising £100,000 to fund the enclosed isolation recovery bay. I can’t wait to see what we can achieve together in the next phase of our partnership.”
A plaque at the hospital will now formally recognise iCandy’s fundraising efforts.
For more information please contact:
Naomi Williams, PR Manager iCandy World
firstname.lastname@example.org – 07825 001130
About Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity
Great Ormond Street Hospital is one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals with the broadest range of dedicated, children’s healthcare specialists under one roof in the UK. The hospital’s pioneering research and treatment gives hope to children from across the UK with the rarest, most complex and often life-threatening conditions. Our patients and families are central to everything we do – from the moment they come through the door and for as long as they need us.
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity needs to raise money to support the hospital to give seriously ill children, the best chance for life. The charity funds research into pioneering new treatments for children, provides the most up to date medical equipment, funds support services for children and their families and supports the essential rebuilding and refurbishment of the hospital. You can help us to provide world class care for our patients and families. For more information visit www.gosh.org
• iCandy is a British family business that celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2018.
• The team is dedicated to creating pushchairs that reflect a unique sense of style and practical, well-designed solutions.
• The perfect mix of high-tech sophistication and smooth living, iCandy is for people who appreciate the value of British design, craftsmanship and technical innovation.
• In 2016 iCandy were delighted to share the news that Her Majesty The Queen had been graciously pleased to approve the Prime Minister’s recommendation that iCandy should receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the UK’s most prestigious award for business performance.
• Following success in 2016, iCandy were delighted to claim another Queens Award, this time for Innovation in 2018, underlining the brand’s ongoing commitment to supreme product development. iCandy support Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, having pledged to raise money towards the building of an enclosed isolation recovery bay at the Hospital. The relationship with GOSH is one which the brand are extremely proud of, with all fundraising endeavours going towards raising money for the charity.
Please see iCandy’s Just Giving page for more information. https://www.justgiving.com/company/iCandy