· iCandy parent Zara Tindall, the daughter of Princess Anne, eldest granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Zara’s husband Mike Tindall, ex- England Rugby Captain welcomed their second daughter Lena in June. The pair have four-year old Mia as well as 3-month-old baby Lena.
· Zara Tindall welcomed the iCandy team to her home and working stables in Gloucestershire to capture a behind-the-scenes look into her life as both an athlete in training as well as a new mother of two daughters. The video and photography from the day is the first featuring an iCandy Brand Ambassador for the ‘iCandy for Land Rover’ collaboration pushchair
· The ‘iCandy for Land Rover’ is the first collaboration of its kind from the two British Brands. Two years of hard work and development from both iCandy and Land Rover in-house design teams culminated to create a truly all-terrain pushchair for the adventurous, outdoor parent.
Tuesday 11th September 2018:
Gloucestershire: The iCandy team were treated to a look into the life of British Olympian, Zara Tindall. Zara kindly opened her home and working-stables in rural Gloucestershire to capture for the first time an iCandy Parent ambassadorship video, highlighting the prestigious and high-profile partnership between Zara and the iCandy brand.
The exclusive video highlights the juxtaposition of Zara’s world as a Mum alongside her world as an athlete at the top of her game and expresses how her iCandy for Land Rover all-terrain pushchair and its functionality provides and facilitates the link between her two worlds.
‘…I always use the best equipment in competing and it definitely applies for the children and having the best for the baby. The iCandy for Land Rover works incredibly well for us and fits into our lifestyle across all-terrains, it is light and accessible. It is a fantastic addition for our family.’ Says Zara of her new iCandy for Land Rover all-terrain pushchair. ‘It is so important to me and the family to be outside my job day-in-day-out is solely being outside, so for me having the family there makes it all the more doable with my iCandy for Land Rover pushchair.’
Zara goes on to explain what a typical day leading up to an event looks like as she embarks on a rigorous training schedule in preparation of the competitive horse-riding circuit calendar ahead and how she juggles life as a mum to 3 month old baby Lena and 4 year old daughter Mia.
Speaking candidly about how it feels to be back in the saddle after her break from competing since October 2017, Zara notes how riding makes her feel like a ‘better person,’ on the track as well as at home and how having her husband Mike’s support has been vital in achieving a balance between her career and her family life.
‘It is so wonderful to have Zara as part of our iCandy family. Her sporting excellence as both a World Champion and Olympic medallist is a credit to Great Britain, but to see her achieve all this and go on to become a full-time mother too is the embodiment of the multi-dimensional modern working parent that we see in many of our customers across the globe. As a fourth-generation family business we understand the pressures modern life can bring to parenting and our brand mission is to aid and benefit the lives of parents and children’s as much as possible, through innovative and beautifully functional products. The iCandy for Land Rover pushchair is the perfect of example of what we are able to achieve to bring parents a product which fits seamlessly into their lifestyle.’ Bradley Appel, iCandy joint CEO
iCandy for Land Rover is available in all major nursery retailers for £1500
- iCandy is a British family business that celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2018.
- The team is dedicated to creating pushchairs that reflect a unique sense of style and practical, well-designed solutions.
- The perfect mix of high-tech sophistication and smooth living, iCandy is for people who appreciate the value of British design, craftsmanship and technical innovation.
- In 2016 iCandy were delighted to share the news that Her Majesty The Queen had been graciously pleased to approve the Prime Minister’s recommendation that iCandy should receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the UK’s most prestigious award for business performance.
- Following success in 2016, iCandy were delighted to claim another Queens Award, this time for Innovation in 2018, underlining the brand’s ongoing commitment to supreme product development. iCandy support Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, having pledged to raise money towards the building of an enclosed isolation recovery bay at the Hospital. The relationship with GOSH is one which the brand are extremely proud of, with all fundraising endeavours going towards raising money for the charity. Please see iCandy’s Just Giving page for more information. https://www.justgiving.com/company/iCandy