With Covid-19 restrictions preventing many of iCandy’s planned 2020 fundraising initiatives for Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity, the company wanted to think of a new way to support the crucial work of the charity, in particular GOSH’s ‘Power of Play’ initiative.
The Play Team at GOSH, which is funded by GOSH Charity, has been more important than ever to help children deal with their treatment and recovery through play. As such, iCandy established ‘The Power of Your Hour’ campaign, whereby iCandy staff had the option to donate an hour of their November salary to GOSH’s ‘Power of Play’ initiative.
The generosity and support from staff led iCandy to extend the invitation to support GOSH to its network of valued retailers and customers. With the fundraising total continuing to rise, iCandy joint CEOs Bradley and Warren Appel agreed to match the final figure as it stood on Friday 18th December.
As such, iCandy is delighted to be able to present Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity with £1,500 for the ‘Power of Play’ which will help the Play Team to continue ‘giving children the power to cope with whatever life throws at them’.
Reflecting on the campaign, Bradley Appel, iCandy Joint CEO, commented: “Since 2016, it has been a great privilege to support Great Ormond Street Hospital, a cause very close to the hearts of our family, inspired by personal experience and involvement there. I am delighted that as a business and wider community we have been able to support GOSH Charity’s ‘Power of Play’ initiative and help them to continue their powerful work as the largest hospital Play team in Europe”.
iCandy’s Just Giving page remains open if you would like to make a donation to Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital charity. Thank you.
About iCandy World Ltd
– iCandy is a British family business that celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2018.
– The team is dedicated to creating pushchairs that reflect a unique sense of style and practical, well-designed solutions.The perfect mix of high-tech sophistication and smooth living, iCandy is for people who appreciate the value of British design, craftsmanship and technical innovation.
– In 2016 iCandy was delighted to share the news that Her Majesty The Queen had been graciously pleased to approve the Prime Minister’s recommendation that iCandy should receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the UK’s most prestigious award for business performance.
– Following success in 2016, iCandy was delighted to claim another Queens Award, this time for Innovation in 2018, underlining the brand’s ongoing commitment to supreme product development.
– iCandy support Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital. The relationship with GOSH is one which the brand is extremely proud of, with all fundraising endeavours going towards raising money for the charity. Please see iCandy’s Just Giving page for more information: www.justgiving.com/company/icandy