iCandy Designers Curate a New Capsule Collection of MiChair Colours
Innovators of the highest quality sustainable design that will stand the test of time, iCandy is a global leader in future-proof and stylish baby products.
Proving once again that baby essentials can look beautiful in the home, the iCandy MiChair is a masterpiece of stylish functionality. Recognised globally for its modern minimalism, the iCandy MiChair is an investment worthy piece of furniture designed to grow with your family. Demonstrating its position as a trend setter in the nursery world, iCandy has introduced four new colourways to the iconic iCandy MiChair: Flint, Russet, Marine and Pearl. Carefully curated by the iCandy in-house design team, this selection of timeless shades is inspired by colour palettes dominating contemporary fashion runways.
The coloured cushions not only complement modern interiors but also meet the functional demands of modern parents thanks to the option to machine wash the seat pad and wipe clean the back-rest pad.
The contemporary shades add sophisticated accents of colour to the sustainably sourced Beech and Birch plywood chair back and optional rocking chair skis whilst the iconic chrome frame is synonymous with iCandy’s modern style. The choice of renewable materials goes hand in hand with the philosophy of evolution behind the iCandy MiChair and its long-lasting design which enables parents to embrace sustainable eco friendly living.
Suitable from birth, the iCandy Newborn Pod redefines the traditional baby rocker and provides two lockable height positions; one for rest and one for play, all the while complementing any minimalist space. The detachable toy bar gives the option for parents to stimulate baby with a toy design of their choice offering further flexibility when it comes to accessorising a modern nursery. The iCandy Newborn Pod is also designed to dock onto the iCandy MiChair to bring baby to parent height whilst feeding and to enable easy and important interaction.
At weaning stage, the iCandy Newborn Pod can be easily removed so baby can enjoy the comfort of the iCandy MiChair seat complete with waist strap, footrest and removable tray. As baby grows and no longer needs a highchair, it is simply transformed into a sophisticated toddler chair or rocking chair that is suitable for up to the age of approximately six years. iCandy’s decision to make the rocking skis an optional purchase acknowledges the desire of parents to create their own bespoke MiChair with their choice of modular components. These modular components, that can be rearranged as and when needed, means that the iCandy MiChair is as space efficient as it is functional. With child and iCandy MiChair alike growing and changing, the neutral colours of the Comfort Pack will continue to prove their sense of timeless style.
With expert eyes on the latest trends, the iCandy Bedfordshire-based inhouse design team draw inspiration from all areas of lifestyle and the design process behind the new iCandy MiChair colours responds to movements within fashion and interiors to combine strong yet serene colours such as navy, orange and grey. The use of contrast stitching adds refined detailing to the iCandy MiChair fabrics and a sophisticated twist to the block colouring.
Acclaimed for its seamless fusion of style and practicality, the iCandy MiChair is Good Housekeeping Institute Approved 2017 and was also crowned winner of the 2016 Smallish Design Awards as well as winner of ‘Product Design’ at the internationally acclaimed 2016 Red Dot Awards.
More than just a highchair, the iCandy MiChair is a beautiful piece of furniture that will become a key piece in a stylish home for many years to come. The epitome of effortless multifunctionality, the iCandy MiChair not only holds comfort, safety and ease of cleaning at its core for ultimate longevity but also boasts a sleek and modern design. With the freedom to choose their preferred colourway, parents can confidently maintain a contemporary and stylish home with the futureproof iCandy MiChair whilst raising the next generation.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
- iCandy is a British family business that celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2018.
- The team is dedicated to creating pushchairs that reflect a unique sense of style and practical, well-designed solutions.
- The perfect mix of high-tech sophistication and smooth living, iCandy is for people who appreciate the value of British design, craftsmanship and technical innovation.
- In 2016 iCandy was delighted to share the news that Her Majesty The Queen had been graciously pleased to approve the Prime Minister’s recommendation that iCandy should receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade.
- The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the UK’s most prestigious award for business performance.
- In 2018, iCandy were bestowed with another Queen’s award, this time for the coveted accolade of Innovation. iCandy support Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, having pledged to raise money towards the building of an enclosed isolation recovery bay at the Hospital.
- The relationship with GOSH is one which the brand is extremely proud of, with all fundraising endeavours going towards raising money for the charity.
- Please see iCandy’s Just Giving page for more information. www.justgiving.com/company/iCandy