iCandy Head Office greeted an audience of Retailer Ambassadors for a very special event ceremony that saw the proud British business awarded two highly prestigious accolades. Held in the iCandy University which was decadently decorated in 1930’s charms befitting of the company’s 85th years in business, attendees were treated to Afternoon tea and a champagne reception.
Guests received a very special visit from the Lord Lieutenant Helen Nellis, the representative of Her Majesty the Queen, who proudly bestowed iCandy with their second Queen’s Award, this time for Innovation. The day was a celebration of all things iCandy, sharing this success with an intimate group of people who were proud to have been part of the iCandy story. The Lord Lieutenant was equally delighted to be part of the festivities, marking the second time she has visited iCandy to deliver such a special honour “I was delighted to present a second QAE to this outstanding company. Their success is driven by a culture which encourages and thrives on world-leading innovation. The visionary leadership and highly enthusiastic staff are exceptional. My good wishes for their continuing success”.
Meanwhile, Joint CEO’s Bradley and Warren Appel once more beamed with pride at the continued success of their family business which started over 85 years ago by their grandfather, Charles Appel in London “The entire iCandy team is absolutely delighted to welcome back the Lord Lieutenant here for the second time in two years. In 2016 we were honoured to be the first pushchair company to win a Queens Award and it was fantastic to be recognised with the Queens Award for Enterprise in International Trade
Now just two year later iCandy have won a second Queens Award and this time we are particularly honoured it is the Queens Award for Innovation…..Innovation is the very essence of iCandy and what makes us so unique. It’s not just the fantastic product that sets iCandy apart. We have a team of dedicated, professional, knowledgeable and truly passionate people that have helped us to get where we are today. Thank you to each and every one of you for your continued support and enthusiasm.”
This was a very special day for everyone connected with iCandy, and one where the business was recognised as one of Bedfordshire’s greatest companies. iCandy are honoured that the top 100 Bedfordshire awards have recognised business at iCandy as one to showcase.
Steve White from Grant Thorton, the body behind The Bedfordshire Limited report, compiled by business and financial advisers used the latest company accounts available for the county’s top 100 privately owned businesses, selected on turnover and trading address, to provide an in-depth health-check of Bedfordshire’s business community.
“The key message from this report is that Bedfordshire has moved on significantly in the last 12 months – the results really are very impressive. We’re keen to see what next year will bring for the Bedfordshire economy but feel confident that the strong performance will continue.”
2018 has been yet another extremely positive year for iCandy, with such recognition once more reaffirming the brand’s status as one of Great Britain’s leading companies.
- iCandy is a British family business that celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2018.
- The team is dedicated to creating pushchairs that reflect a unique sense of style and practical, well-designed solutions.
- The perfect mix of high-tech sophistication and smooth living, iCandy is for people who appreciate the value of British design, craftsmanship and technical innovation.
- In 2016 iCandy were delighted to share the news that Her Majesty The Queen had been graciously pleased to approve the Prime Minister’s recommendation that iCandy should receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the UK’s most prestigious award for business performance.
- Following success in 2016, iCandy were delighted to claim another Queens Award, this time for Innovation in 2018, underlining the brand’s ongoing commitment to supreme product development. iCandy support Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, having pledged to raise money towards the building of an enclosed isolation recovery bay at the Hospital. The relationship with GOSH is one which the brand are extremely proud of, with all fundraising endeavours going towards raising money for the charity. Please see iCandy’s Just Giving page for more information. https://www.justgiving.com/company/iCandy